Business Administration Level 3
Maidstone (ME14 1XX)
£222 per week
GCSE Level 9-4 (or Grade A-C) in English and Maths. Or equivalent in these subjects.
Agilisys are dedicated to providing the very best customer service. The company strive to improve the customer’s experience at each of its various contact points. They are an employee-owned organisation that delivers success through innovation, working with public sector partners to help them transform services that make a real difference to millions of people across the UK. Agilisys pride themselves on being one of the UK's most innovative IT services providers, delivering transformation through a suite of world-class technology products as well as centres of operational excellence around the UK.
Description of Vacancy
To provide a comprehensive and efficient administrative and clerical function to support and enhance the services the Contact Centre provides. Full training including Apprenticeship level 3 in business administration will be provided.
Assist in the provision of a professional, comprehensive, and efficient administrative and clerical support function to the Contact Centre.
- You will be assisting in issuing, data entry and cancellation of a number of processes undertaken within the centre.
- Management of incoming post including the opening, sorting, and prioritising of Contact Centre white mail.
- Filing service specific paperwork as appropriate.
- Production and despatch of standard response letters for various Contact Centre Services.
- Sending of brochures and related paperwork
- Collating booking confirmations and posting to customers.
- Take calls relating to services as required.
This job description is provided to assist the post holder to know main areas of responsibilities. These may be amended from time to time, without change to the level of responsibility appropriate to the grade of the post
£222.00 per week
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
37 hour week
Two paid 15-minute breaks
Unpaid 36-minute lunch
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as "Off the Job Training"
- Ability to handle a wide range of enquiries in a contact centre environment.
- Computer literate and ability to operate telephone equipment effectively.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal with a polite, efficient and courteous manner. Able to deal sympathetically with distressed, agitated, confused, irate customers or those with special needs.
- Ability to learn and deliver new services
- Some knowledge of how local authorities or other large organisations operate.
- Able to methodically follow defined processes
- Confident telephone manner
We are looking for an applicant who can live our company values of Innovation, Integrity and Passion
- Personal self-confidence
- Possess a friendly and helpful disposition.
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Willingness to learn
- Aptitude and commitment to learning and development
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good organisational skills
GCSE Grade 9 - 4 (or A - C) in English and Maths as a minimum. Or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard - Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike; from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector. The role may involve working independently and as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, together with virtual training sessions and action plans, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2023, the NMW for Apprentices is £5.28 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them directly. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are leading training organisation with over 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.