Warehouse and Storage Operative (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2262
Vacancy reference: KT&A2262
GB Refinish has been established since 1986 and continues to grow. We moved to our current purpose built Dartford location in 2009 in order to better serve our customer base. We supply paint and consumables to the motor trade industry across the country. Providing the products for bodyshops and garages to enable them to match colours and to spray and repair vehicles. Deliveries are made daily by our own fleet of vehicles.
Description of Vacancy
At GB Refinish you will be part of a business that always delivers a great service – and that means you’ll need to share our very high standards.
We need a team player who is willing to learn and is happy to be involved in all aspects of running absy warehouse. You will be processing goods in and out of the warehouse, packing and labelling goods and pallets for delivery. We also require you to deal with customers both face to face and on the telephone
- You will have full on-site training in all aspects of warehouse duties with the possibility of training in automotive and industrial paint mixing.
- Processing goods in and out of the warehouse
- Packing and labelling goods and pallets for delivery
- Shelf organising and maintenance
- Dealing with customers both face to face and on the telephone
- Dealing with suppliers
- On site training in all aspect of warehouse duties with the possibility of training in automotive and industrial paint mixing
£165 a week
Monday – Friday
8.30am – 5pm
1 hour daily lunch break
- Basic computer skills
- Good English and maths
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well on their own as well as within a team
- Ability to work in an organised and structured way with attention to detail
- keenness to learn
- Good initiative
- Friendly personality
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Physically fit
- Well spoken and presentable
Functional skills in English and maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2018, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.
See the location on a map
(Location is approximate)