Trainee Rare Music Team Member (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2302
Vacancy reference: KT&A2302
eil.com (also known as Esprit) has been the world’s biggest and best seller of premium quality and top condition rare and vintage vinyl records, rare CD’s and music memorabilia since 1985 – that’s 34 years! And we are proud of it.
We have over 500,000 happy customers in over 100 countries worldwide, are a platinum seller on Ebay and have an average positive rating of over 99% on Amazon sites worldwide.
Are you interested in music, passionate, hardworking and focussed? We need a team player who will assist in all aspects of our business. You’ll learn a variety of roles working with the most respected online business trading in rare Vinyl Records, CDs and Music Memorabilia, this is a truly fascinating business for the right individual.
Ben, who joined us in a permanent role after completing college in 2018 says:
“I love working here as there is a wide range of tasks to do and there is always something to do or something new to learn, I find the job and what goes on in the background very interesting and am still amazed by how much goes on throughout the company. Every member of the team is always willing to help each other and are all really friendly. I find myself motivated to do my best working here.There is so much potential to progress in the company and to be able to learn to work in all areas of the company.”
- Learn about, and provide, the high level of service that our customers expect from a professional business
- Processing customer orders from our own sites and affiliate stores such as Amazon and Ebay
- Dealing with Customer queries.
- From picking stage right through to handling the despatch
- Dealing with suppliers and agent.
- You’ll work in a friendly, open environment where you are encouraged to communicate at all levels, problem solve and share your ideas (and befriend our office guinea pig!)
- Helping with general running of the business.
- Assisting and supporting office staff
- You’ll be hands on with our stock from taking images of stock for our website to storing it securely and safely
- You should expect to provide your share of cover on Saturdays and bank holidays with time off in lieu.
£3.70 per hour initially
35-hour week for a trainee, 7 hours a day plus an hour for lunch, five days a week which may include a Saturday longer term.
You will be based at our Meopham, Kent offices, well served by a bus route. There is some flexibility in start and finish times and you’ll be expected to work 35 hours per week in your trainee role.
- An eye for detail is essential
- Focused approach to work
- Team orientated
- Professional manner
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Good personal hygiene
- Pleasant friendly manner
- Ability to self organise
- Contentious attitude
- Willing to learn new skills
English and Maths to Level 2
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2018, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.