Teaching Assistant Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2568
Vacancy reference: KT&A2568
Gordons Children’s Academy, a part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust (TSAT) we are committed to an ethos of excellence and a whole school approach to the teaching and learning of thinking skills.
At Gordons we aim to transform life chances for all children and are proud to be a school that holds high expectations, makes learning irresistible and provides a nurturing a safe environment.
As a thinking school we give children the skills to enable them to become analytical, flexible and independent. We also foster a positive attitude to learning, where every child has a belief in themselves and experiences success.
Click here to see the employer’s website.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant apprentice to assist within our teaching team. This job will be varied and exciting, with the opportunity to work with a variety of students across the school.
We would like to receive applications from those who would like to work with all aged children as well as a desire to support pupils to reach their full potential through one-to-one work, group work and whole class support.
- Provide teaching support in small groups and where necessary be assigned to individual pupils in order to aid the teacher,
- Liaise with the teacher to understand the objectives of each session,
- Assist the teacher with observations and monitoring of the progress of children, both educationally and socially,
- Keep up to date written records for supported pupils,
- Promote positive behaviour patterns, raise self-esteem, and improve independent working in children to assist their education and growth,
- Supervise in PE lessons and at playtime to ensure the safety of the children and administer first aid as required,
- Participate and supervise pupils during off site activities,
- Make materials and resources for teachers or pupils as directed by the class teacher, and assist where necessary with mounting of work and displays,
- Assist where necessary with preparation and clearing away of the classroom and materials to ensure effective teaching
- To undertake playground duties,
- To attend meetings with members of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT),
- To attend training sessions as requested by SLT,
- To undertake any other duties as directed by SLT.
Closest railway station is Chatham. Walk about 3 mins to Stop A (on Chatham bus/rail interchange). Get BUS 190 for an 11 minute bus ride and get off at Strood, adj Downside (on London Road). Walk 5 minutes to the school.
£136.50 per week working 35 hours per week. (This will be paid pro rota.)
We will be looking for someone who can work from 8:20am to 3:50pm, Monday to Friday. Term time only.
Knowledge of the EYFS Curriculum would also be desirable.
Personable and able to communicate well.
Good time keeping and of smart appearance.
Ideally GCSE A – C or equivalent qualifications.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.