Supply Chain Operative (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2669
Vacancy reference: KT&A2669
A UK leading specialist in diagnostic & therapeutic equipment in the Cardio-Respiratory Sector of Healthcare.
Please click here to see the employer’s website.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
An opportunity to start a career assisting in the day to day operations of this busy and successful company’s Service and Dispatch departments.
You will learn about this important part of the sales process and will also learn about product testing, servicing and repair
Main duties include:
- Managing stock
- Assisting with the creation of purchase orders for required product
- Product Testing
- Service Department Admin.
- Highlighting short dated products
- Ensuring incoming stock is aligned with purchase orders
- Entering stock/repair on to the computer system
- Liaising with relevant internal departments and customers and advising suppliers of any shortages or stock not ordered
£146.25 per week
Monday to Friday
8.30am – 5pm (1-hour lunch)
37.5 hours per week
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external parties
- The ability to focus in a busy environment whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise tasks
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good team worker
- Attention to detail
- Practically Minded
GCSE (or equivalent) Grade A-C/4-9 is required in either English or Maths, with a minimum of Grade E/2 in the other subject
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.