School Office Assistant Administrator Apprentice (Level 3/Advanced) – KT&A2773
Vacancy reference: KT&A2773
Shears Green Junior School is a four form entry community school aim for all children to succeed and to reach their full potential. We invest time in celebrating the success of all children in our care.
Please click here to see the employer’s website.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
The vacancy is for an office administrator within a busy school environment. We are looking for someone to complete a variety of administration and general office duties. You must be a highly motivated individual who can complement our team of professionals by ensuring telephones are answered, parents, visitors, staff and Governors are greeted efficiently and professionally. The role is ideal for someone looking to move on to a senior administrative position.
This role would suit somebody who thrives in a busy environment. You will be part of our very busy team and will also need to support senior leadership. The role is varied and will include:
- Providing reception duties for the school and Children’s Centre by being a welcoming first point of contact for all visitors and responding to their enquiries.
- Monitoring access to the school site, ensuring visitors sign in and out and are aware of safeguarding, security and fire evacuation procedures.
- Answering the telephone and ensuring accurate, timely messages are forwarded to staff by email.
- Using computer equipment to input and extract data such as pupil, finance and staff data using a variety of software.
- Support Leadership Team
- Produce resources, create digital matter and support staff and pupils with media projects.
- All other general office duties.
Starting wage £5.00 per hour
30 hours per week 8.45 am – 3.45 pm
1 hour for lunch unpaid
- Good ICT Skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and adhere to strict confidentiality guidelines is essential.
- Ability to work well on their own as well as with others
- Good maths and English skills – GCSE A-C only
- Ability to work in an organised and structured way and prioritise workload
- Ability to deal calmly with challenging situations
- Well organised
- Good attention to detail
- Well-spoken and presentable
.GCSE Maths and English Grade C/5 or above
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2021, the NMW for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.