School Office Administrator Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2703
Vacancy reference: KT&A2703
|Holcombe Grammar School are still looking to recruit but are unable to interview during the corona crisis. Please continue to apply and KT&A will keep your application for when normal business resumes.|
Holcombe Grammar School are a successful grammar school for students aged 11-18 with a long standing reputation for being a supportive and caring environment in which to teach and learn. We have seen significant developments in recent years resulting in achieving excellent results for our students. As part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust we aim to guide our students to become successful, well rounded and confident individuals with the ability to achieve their personal best
Please click here to see the employer’s website.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
We are seeking to appoint a hardworking and reliable Office Apprentice to work in our school office. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, be a good team player and enjoy working around young people.
- Produce letters, memos, reports and other related tasks
- Use of email communication to parents (ParentPay)
- Answer the phone, filtering enquiries as appropriate and taking and passing on messages to appropriate staff.
- Use of the management information system (SIMS) to update student details
- Deal with documentation relating to school admissions under the direction of the office manager
- General office duties and filing as required
- Reprographics and Reception duties as required
- Liaise with feeder schools and other organisations for files and other related issues.
- Deal with first aid on a rotation (First Aid training will be given)
- Any other duties required in a busy school office as deemed reasonable by the Principal
37 per week, between 39 – 42 weeks per year
- Confident in use of Microsoft Office packages.
- Knowledge of SIMs is desirable.
- Office administration experience essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Confident and friendly telephone manner.
Good standard of literacy, numeracy and communication skills. 5 GCSEs including English and Maths
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.