Sales & Telesales Assistant (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2137
Vacancy reference: KT&A1983
This company is a wholesaler of speciality food and drink products which are sold to customers nationwide.
Description of Vacancy
This company are looking for an apprentice to join their dynamic sales team. You will be working with the team, dealing with enquiries and taking orders from their friendly and established customers, as well as upselling products to increase customer basket value.
In this role you will be responsible for managing incoming and outgoing sales calls. Responding to customer queries or concerns.
Taking and processing orders and making calls to our customer database each day for their weekly orders.
You will be responsible for the monthly target, ensuring targets are met and updating the target board daily.
Your role will include an element of upselling which will be commission driven. Promoting new products into each account to increase their basket value. Furthermore, you will be expected to identify new prospects and develop and convert new customers.
It is important that you communicate fully with all business functions including Buying, Operations, Production and Accounts to ensure that we offer a customer centric approach to sales.
Duties will include:
- Taking inbound orders over the phone and via e-mail as well as making calls to existing customers each day for their weekly orders
- Responding for both telephone and e-mail enquiries and providing general customer service
- Upselling new product lines
- Identifying and converting new customers
- Building and developing relationships with customers
- Raising customer credit notes for returned products
- Assisting the accounts department with chasing outstanding invoices and receiving payments
- Assisting in the warehouse to support end of day completion
- Update the daily targets on the daily target board and forward to the directors at the end of each day
Monday to Friday
9am to 5pm (40 hours)
This includes paid breaks as follows:
15 minute morning break
30 minute lunch break
15 minute afternoon break
- Confident Microsoft Office experience
- Exceptional communicator
- Friendly and confident telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skill with the ability to prioritise
- Client focused with the ability to quickly create and maintain positive working relationships
- Confident working under pressure and prioritising workload
GCSE grade A* to D in maths and English or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2018, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.