Office Assistant Apprentice (Level 2/intermediate) – KT&A2267
Vacancy reference: KT&A2267
Inchwater Home Care provides the highest quality care, support and companionship for older people living in their own homes in Dover, Deal, Sandwich, Folkestone and Hythe areas.
We are a small, family run business that is growing rapidly. We work hard to deliver the very best care available to all our clients and to provide the best administrative support to our care givers. Since 2015 we have been voted as top in Kent for quality (homecare.co.uk) and in 2016 the Care Quality Commission rated us “Outstanding” – the only Home Care Company in Dover District and Shepway currently holding this status. We are now looking to take on an Outstanding Apprentice to join our team.
We are looking for a good organiser, interested in all aspects of general administration. You will be working with the office team, under the direct supervision of the Business Operations Manager providing general support and assistance.
Excellent opportunities for professional development for the right candidate.
Inchwater is just over a half mile away from Dover Priory Train Station and a half a mile from the Pencester Road Bus Stops.
Description of Vacancy
We are looking for an enthusiastic Office Assistant to join our fast-growing team. The successful candidate with be working for an ‘Outstanding’ Home Care provider at their main offices answering telephones, filing, providing a wide variety of administrative tasks to ensure the efficient running of the office.
- General administrative duties to include photocopying, filling, collating training material etc. Monitoring stationery and office supplies and updating the Line Manager when supplies are low.
- To go out and purchase supplies for the office, money to be obtained via Line Manager, from Petty Cash.
- Enter and maintain accurate client and Caregiver records in software and paper-based filing system.
- Answer each incoming call in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner, assisting wherever possible and passing on information to the relevant staff for completion or follow up. Updating paper notes and computer systems as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times for all Inchwater Home Care information, including client, Caregiver and office data.
- Maintain all client and Caregiver files, logging any activity on the data protection sheets.
- To develop an understanding of the Care Industry in which Inchwater operates.
- To develop a working knowledge of the care options and services available to people in our catchment area.
- To attend a Caregiver 3-day induction and complete the Care Certificate.
- To develop a working knowledge of what makes an Outstanding Care company and Outstanding Caregiver.
- Check and receive deliveries ensuring these are as ordered.
- To send cards to staff and clients on a weekly basis and to update software accordingly.
- Participate in team meetings
- Process and mail initial service enquiry letter/brochure and update software records
- Attend Meetings/Road shows and other networking events as and when required to do so
Starting salary will be £3.70 per hour
Which will be reviewed every 3 months and, for the right candidate, may increase commensurate with the level of responsibility.
Monday – Friday
9.00am to 5pm
With 1 hour for lunch
- General understanding of office functions and work environment
- Good IT skills including word, outlook and excel
- Ability to work well with others
- Good telephone manner
- Good written and communication skills
- Team worker
GCSE Maths and English or equivalent Level 2 Qualification
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards
As of 1st April 2018, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.
See the location on a map
(Location is approximate)