Office Administrator Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2662
Vacancy reference: KT&A2662
Embridge Consulting was founded in 2009 as an independent consultancy advising businesses who were looking to embark on a change programme where efficiencies and cost savings can be delivered using modern technology.
Click here to see the employer’s website.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
We are a small friendly team looking for another enthusiastic member to join us. You will provide an administration support function for the Northfleet and Bristol Offices. You will be involved in all aspects of the business from the basics of administration to supporting management and customers to facilitate the smooth running of a busy office.
- Answering phone, sorting and distributing post, department filing and shredding
- Greet office visitors and provide refreshments
- Help keep the office clean and tidy
- Maintain stationary levels and record as necessary
- Request expenses to be submitted and ensure they have been approved by line manager
- Prepare invoices based on timesheets for employees and associates on a monthly basis
- Collate information and produce quotations for sending to customers / potential customers
- Book / cancel training rooms in Bristol
- Issue training letter and ensure booking form is correct
- Issues invoices to enquirer when PO received and chase payment of invoice
HR & PA Administration:
- Compile Employee welcome packs
- Set up employees on HR online and chase for outstanding paperwork
- Annual staff file audits and chasing of outstanding items
- Assist Project Management Officer in the production of agreements and offer / extension letters for our associates. Follow up signed documents and maintain database
- Assist Project Management Officer in checking we have copies of insurances, passports etc. for all associates and chase when they expire
- Provide cover for the Project Management Officer in school holidays
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
£3.90 per hour
However a review will be undertaken upon successful completion of 6 month probation period
Mon – Fri
9am – 5:30pm
1 hour lunch (unpaid)
25 days+ Bank Holidays pro-rated in line with start date
6 month probation period
- Good telephone manner
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Can work from own initiative
- Well organised
9-4 GCSE in Maths and English
ICT an advantage
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.