Office Administration Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2236
Vacancy reference: KT&A2236
Kentec is a leading UK training provider based in Tonbridge providing training courses and solutions in health & safety and skills training.
Description of Vacancy
Office administration apprentice assisting with the day to day running of a busy vibrant office for a leading training provider.
Excellent career prospects and career development opportunities.
- Preparing course paperwork for all courses at Tonbridge, Beckton, Essex and Onsite
- Organising lunches for Tonbridge Training Centre (when required)
- Responsible for maintaining the coffee station/ vending machine
- Set up for next day’s training at Tonbridge – TV, information for cleaning staff, sell out courses, card reconciliation, sign in sheets for courses at other venues
- Filing and archiving course folders
- Filing other paperwork such as advice notes, delivery etc
- Checking and Franking post
- Travel to post office and bank where needed
- Assisting sales with expiries
- Handling deliveries
- Replenishing & Counting Stock
- Book Binding
- Making Safety Kits
- Assist administration team with any other duties e.g. registrations, telephone, bookings etc
- Stock control
- Registering of courses / delegates with accrediting bodies
- Various other tasks in line with company requirements
£156 per week
£3.90 per hour
45 hours per week (Inc breaks)
60 mins lunch (unpaid)
- IT skills
- Confident on the telephone
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver
- Excellent communicator
GSCE Grades 9-3/A* to D GCSE in English and Maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.