Internal Sales Support Executive (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2251
Vacancy reference: KT&A2251
A long established and growing business providing quality furniture to clients, including Healthcare, Education and Residential sectors.
Their furniture is designed to enhance challenging environments by rethinking the way furniture is designed.
Description of Vacancy
Office based support for one of the Area Sales Managers
To receive and develop incoming enquiries, with a view to achieving maximum customer spend whilst providing excellent customer service. To support the sales manager in every possible way and maintain pressure on follow up of quotes.
- Taking incoming sales calls
- Responding to other incoming sales enquiries (via email and web)
- Resolving customer queries
- Follow up of quotes whilst working alongside the Area Sales Manager
- Liaising with ASM as required
- Assisting in specific project work as required, especially the creation of high level appointments with top potential contacts
- Checking of stock levels for potential orders on MRP system
- To assist with CRM updates and adding of relevant contacts on behalf of the ASM
- Liaising with other departments to gather information to respond to customers quickly including:
- Requesting catalogues
- Requesting drawings and space planning
- Requesting special price costings
- Requesting part numbers
- Any other duties required to support the ASM
To take final responsibility for all Internal Sales activities for the geographical area and keep customer contact up-to-date.
£160 per week (£4 per hour) minimum
This will be reviewed against performance.
8.00 am – 4.30 pm
Monday to Friday
½ hour lunch break
- Exceptional phone based sales ability
- Organisation and prioritisation skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Tenacity and persistence
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Initiative and willingness to take ownership of projects
- Sales and customer service experience
- Strong verbal and personal communication skills
- Customer focussed
- Strong IT skills essential, including familiarity with CRM and MRP systems
- Experience with reading manufacturing drawings an advantage
Able to adhere to the company’s core values:
Drive for innovation
To consider all alternatives and avenues, challenge ideas and look for new ways of working. Think of new solutions, look for opportunities to be different and don’t be afraid to stand out from the crowd.
Champion the customer
Represent the needs of the customer, the end user and the buyer. Listen to their thoughts, feelings, challenges and requests. Ensure that you are truthfully and accurately considering their environments and requirements to provide an outstanding experience.
Be commercially minded
Respect the finances of the company and the customer. Be considerate of all costs, and look for solutions which will benefit both the customer and the business. Work together with all partner departments to ensure that opportunities for improvements are considered and value is delivered.
Work as a dynamic team
To operate at all times with honesty and integrity. Show respect for those you work with, consider the consequences to your actions at all times and appreciate input. Build profitable partnerships, encourage feedback at all times and welcome the chance for continuous improvement.
GCSE Grades 3-9 (A* to E) in English and Maths or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2018, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.