HR & Education Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2613
Vacancy reference: KT&A2613
Ellenor’s mission is to lead and coordinate the best personalised car for all ages, sharing our expertise to ensure that all families facing terminal illness get the right support in the nest place possible, enabling them to make the most of the time they have.
Click here to see the employer’s website.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a HR & Education Apprentice working within the HR Department of a thriving healthcare charity. We are looking for a highly motivated and reliable individual to complement our team. The position will involve supporting the HR and Training Team, while gaining exposure to all different aspects of the office. For the correct candidate the role has prospects of advancement once the apprenticeship is complete.
We are looking for someone to complete general office duties and to offer support to our Human Resources (HR) team. Some of the duties included will be:
- Support colleagues within the HR and Training Department
- Manage recording of staff and volunteers on the HR database systems
- Manage post inbound and outbound on a daily basis
- Answer phones and pass messages in a timely manner
- Keep computer records up to date
- General administration duties
- Keep office environment and desk in a tidy state
- Represent the organisation by behaving in a professional manner at all times
- Calendar management
£7.88 per hour
37.5 hours a week, over 5 days.
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good level of ICT (Good ability using Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Ability to demonstrate patience
- Ability to work professionally and respect confidentiality
- Focused approach to work
- Good attention to detail
- Team orientated
- Well organised
- Good attention to detail
- Well spoken and presentable
Minimum achieved Grade C (4) in English and Maths
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.