Apprentice Housing Assistant – KT&A1657Location: Sevenoaks (TN13 1AX)
Vacancy reference: KT&A1657
Our vision is to be the leading community provider of affordable homes in Kent.
We will help to create in Kent a prosperous, strong and sustainable society; a place of opportunity for all; where people can plan for their futures. Established in 1989, we were one of the first large scale voluntary transfers of local authority housing. We were the first ‘excellent’ housing association in the country and the first gold standard Investor in People in Kent. We have an enviable reputation for helping people and communities flourish.
We believe that a good home is a foundation for getting on in life; our core purpose is to help the many people for whom a good home (to rent or buy) is too expensive, and to nurture their communities.
In our communities, we respond to what’s needed, not just what we currently do. We provide great places to live and space for people to grow.
Description of Vacancy
There are 4 exciting opportunities to work for a large Kent based Housing Association. West Kent Housing are based in our modern state of the art offices, in Central Sevenoaks with excellent transport facilities.
The apprentices will have a varied and diverse role, whilst being fully supported by experienced managers, working across the Housing team which includes 3 months working with Income, Allocations, Housing and our Emerald teams.
Based at our Sevenoaks Office, Sevenoaks train station is a 10 minute walk away and there are public car parks in the area. There is no on site parking
- Provide an effective administrative service to the Housing Teams
- Deliver an excellent service to our customers, answering queries and directing requests to appropriate team members.
- Provide a point of contact between the Housing Team and other departments within West Kent
- Live West Kent’s values for colleagues, customers and stakeholder’s experience.
- Promote equality, value diversity and treat everyone fairly and with respect
- Each of the 4 apprentices will spend three months with each team to maximise their learning and work experience.
- Once the apprentices have completed their qualification they will have the knowledge, confidence and expertise in this area in order to further their career.
£129.00 per week.
37 hrs per paid per week, Mon – Thursday From 8.45 am to 5.15 pm and 8.45 am – 4.45 pm on Friday.
Must be able to demonstrate a good level of English, written and speaking skills. GCSE Grade Cs and above in Maths, English and ICT or the equivalent L2.
- Good IT skills including Word and Outlook
- Good communication skills including verbal, email, and letters.
- Enthusiastic, flexible, and honest person who is self motivated
- Able to engage in clear and professional conversations with both internal and external colleagues and customers alike
- Positive and professional team worker who contributes to achievement of team goals and promotes teamwork, including with other departments.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the NVQ Level 2 in Business and Administration, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
West Kent does have vacancies that occur from time to time and our apprentice would have the right to apply for any suitable vacancy as and when.
The qualified apprentice will also have the knowledge and expertise to apply for other housing opportunities in the wider field.
As of 1st April 2017, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.
See the location on a map
(Location is approximate)