GP Receptionist / HCA Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2512
Vacancy reference: KT&A2512
GP practice providing general medical services to the population of Dover.
Click here to see the employer’s website.
You will work an important part of our admin team. As a Doctor’s receptionist you will also be trained in the Healthcare Assistant Role. Your duties will include:
- dealing with patients face to face and over the telephone,
- using our patient database to book appointments
- communicating well with team members, outside services and the general public,
- Distributing and organising post,
- Scanning and managing workflows,
- dealing with prescriptions,
- dealing with sensitive and confidential data,
- supporting the clinical team.
- Business Administration,
- Providing treatment and care to our patient population, including, BP monitoring, blood tests, ECG’s wound care and much more.
The majority of the role will require the successful candidate to work as part of our admin team as a Doctor’s receptionist. Your duties will include, dealing with patients face to face and over the telephone, using our patient database (vision) to book appointments, communicating well with team members, outside services and the general public, Distributing and organising post, Scanning and managing workflows, dealing with prescriptions, dealing with sensitive and confidential data, supporting the clinical team. (Job Description attached.)
You will also be assisting the clinical team with some hours dealing with patients, including some clinical training including blood tests, BP tests, ECG’s wound care and much more
Hours 36.00, paid break of 15 minutes when working over 6 hours, Unpaid lunch break of 30 mins.
- Knowledge of confidentiality
- Good IT skills,
- Good Telephone Manner
- Good customer Service Skills
- Good people Skills
- Caring nature
- Desire to learn clinical procedures
- A good level of maturity is needed for this position as you will be exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- You must be a good communicator
- Work well as part of a team
Minimum achieved grade C or 4 or equivalent in English and Maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.