GP Business Administration Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2512
Vacancy reference: KT&A2512
St James’ GP practice providing general medical services to the population of Dover.
Click here to see the employer’s website.
You will work an important part of our admin team, as a Doctor’s receptionist your duties will include:
- dealing with patients face to face and over the telephone,
- using our patient database to book appointments
- communicating well with team members, outside services and the general public,
- distributing and organising post,
- Scanning and managing workflows,
- dealing with prescriptions,
- dealing with sensitive and confidential data,
- supporting the clinical team.
- Being part of a great team
The role will require you to work as part of our busy reception team. As a Doctors receptionist. Your duties will include, dealing with patients face to face and over the telephone, using our patient database (vision) to book appointments, communicating well with team members, outside services and the general public, distributing and organising post, scanning and managing workflows, dealing with prescriptions, dealing with sensitive and confidential data, supporting the clinical team. (Job Description attached.)
You will get a paid break of 15 minutes when working over 6 hours, and a 30 min unpaid lunchbreak.
- Knowledge of confidentiality
- Good IT skills,
- Good Telephone Manner
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Good People Skills
- Caring nature
- Dedication and reliability
- A good level of maturity is needed for this position as you will be exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- You must be a good communicator
Minimum achieved grade C or 4 or equivalent in English and Maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.