Finance Assistant Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2297
Vacancy reference: KT&A2297
A good school, with a family feel, which is made up of pupils and staff who take pride in everything they do.
The staff are passionate about creating great learning experiences for the pupils and providing a caring environment, in order to support the children through their time with us.
The school is situated just a short walk away from the village centre of Lenham. The school is lucky enough to have amazing grounds in which to work and play.
The school is a single form entry village primary school.
Lenham has good links by bus and rail from the Maidstone area and the Ashford area
To provide general finance administrative support to facilitate the efficient and effective use of the school’s budget.
- Place and process orders and invoices.
- Check incoming stock deliveries and arrange for distribution and storage.
- Arrange payment of invoices for stocks, including checking supplier statements.
- Maintain records of free school meals and undertake related financial administration, in accordance with KCC financial regulations, such as catering returns.
- Responsible for petty cash and banking of cash.
- Enter income and expenditure on the finance system.
Individuals in this role may also undertake some or all of the following:
- Receive and record monies from pupils and parents / carers relating for example to school visits, uniform sales and photographs.
- Undertake other administrative support duties, such as reception duties.
- Collate VAT returns and payments.
£136.50 per week
Mon – Friday 8 – 4pm (term-time only)
Half an hour for lunch (unpaid)
- Must be numerate.
- Must be computer literate and had other office experience.
- Will need to become aware of KCC Financial Regulations and other relevant school policies – full training provided.
- Must be able to communicate basic financial information to teachers, other staff and external suppliers.
- Ability to prioritise own workloads and to work to deadlines is essential.
- Good organisation skills
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Some experience of working in an office environment and/or financial procedures would be advantageous but not essential.
GCSE Grade 4 or above in English & Maths (Grade C) or equivalent qualifications in these subjects
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2018, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.