Customer Service/Sales Executive Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2294
Vacancy reference: KT&A2294
Vital Parts Ltd are a renowned Plastic, Rubber & Metal component manufacturer and distributor based in Bircholt Road, Maidstone. Employing a wealth of technical knowledge and experience we are creating a reputation throughout the industry as the go to place for everything component related.
Description of Vacancy
The customer service and sales executive role will be mainly making outbound sales calls. You will be working with our marketing department to generate more leads and interest, working toward becoming our industry expert for this area and the start of a new department within sales.
– Being part of a Goldman Sachs high growth SME recognised company
– Never work on your birthday and get paid for it
– Up to 33 days holiday (including bank holidays + birthday)
– 2 weeks sabbatical when you have been with the company for 5 years
– Modern social working environment
– 4 paid sick days a year (once passed probation)
– Working for an ambitious company with a huge potential for promotions due to rapid growth
– Onsite parking
- Providing good Customer Service to new and existing customers
- Understanding Plastic, Rubber & Metal components to sell
- Dealing with customers and their orders
- Promoting special offers and brand pushes
- Making outbound calls to customers (in schools) to generate sales and check their needs
- Gathering information to create leads
- Updating and maintaining database on a daily basis
Monday to Friday
40 hours a week with 1 hour lunch break
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative
- Computer literate
- Highly enthusiastic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good telephone manner
A-D or equivalent in English and Maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2018, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.