Customer Service Patient Services Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2764
Vacancy reference: KT&A2764
A GP Practice with Dispensary in Sellindge, near Ashford, Kent. 2 GP partners offering Doctor, Nurse, Physio and Ear, Nose & Throat consultations and treatments.
Please click here to see the employer’s website.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
An exciting opportunity to be part of our friendly team; greeting and assisting patients at our reception and dispensary areas, while working towards a level 2 customer services qualification
- Offer general assistance to the practice reception, dispensary and administration teams and to project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice and dispensary including the provision of administrative support to clinical staff and other members of the practice team.
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies.
- Welcoming both patients and visitors
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional. This may be for GP or nurse/HCA clinics, or any other service as required.
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail.
- Taking messages and passing on information.
- Filing and retrieving paperwork.
- Scanning of post, new patient notes, previously filed patient notes and other documents as required.
- Processing new patient registrations.
- Administrative duties.
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures.
- Providing help and information to patients and visitors.
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team members and associated healthcare agencies and providers.
- Clearing and re-stocking consulting rooms as required.
- Providing clerical assistance to practice staff as required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning.
- Ordering, re-ordering and monitoring of stationery and other supplies. Re-stocking the stationery cupboard with these supplies.
- Provision of refreshments for staff and visitors as required; washing up afterwards and keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy.
- Keeping the reception area, notice-boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter.
- Assist patients either face to face or on the telephone to deal with their dispensary enquiries.
- Processing prescription requests.
- Monthly stock control and ordering of non-medication items.
- Unpack and process deliveries for the dispensary.
- Administration for a monthly prescription claim.
- Assist the team with unwanted or returned dispensary items.
£7. Per hour
37 ½ hours
Monday to Friday (inclusive)
7 ½ hours per day (exact start & finish times to be decided) One day will be an 8 pm finish
30-minute unpaid lunch break
Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
Accessing and using the internet
Proficient with Email
Printing and scanning
Good written skills
Good telephone skills
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Looking professional at all time
Good work ethic
Good timekeeping and attendance
Good listening skills
GCSE grade 4 to 9 English and Maths or equivalent.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2020, the NMW for Apprentices is £4.15 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.