Customer Services Practitioner Level 2
Rochester (ME2 4NW)
£192.50 per week
GCSE Level 9-4 (or Grade A-C) in English and Maths, or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
Francombs prioritise crafting fresh daily lunches with a focus on choice and quality ingredients. Their goal is simple: deliver exceptional dining experiences that keep customers coming back for more. They’re dedicated to uncompromising food quality. Every menu item is handcrafted to order using premium, fresh ingredients, whether you prefer Classics, Signature Specials, or create your own. While sandwiches are their speciality, they also offer hot beverages, catering for events, and buffet options. Customers can choose from various ordering methods: visit in-shop, enjoy dining in, use Click & Collect, or order through Francombs for delivery. Discover Francombs on Just Eat, Deliveroo, and Uber Eats for doorstep delivery.
Good public transport links to Medway City Estate by bus and rail.
Description of Vacancy
Join Francombs sandwich bar as a Customer Service Apprentice! Your role involves delivering top-notch service to their valued customers while learning essential customer service skills. As part of a dynamic team, you’ll assist with order processing, maintain a welcoming environment, and ensure a seamless dining experience. Francombs are committed to providing the best training and support to help you thrive in the world of customer service. If you’re passionate about delivering quality service and want to grow in a vibrant, food-loving atmosphere, this apprenticeship opportunity is perfect for you!
- Customer Interaction: greet and assist customers with enthusiasm, providing a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Order Processing: take customer orders accurately and efficiently, ensuring special requests and dietary needs are noted.
- Product Knowledge: learn about menu offerings, ingredients, and preparation methods to answer customer requests and make recommendations.
- Communication: communicate with customers and colleagues clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Team Collaboration: work closely with team members to ensure smooth service operations, helping with food preparation and maintaining a clean workspace.
- Adaptability: be open to taking on various roles within the establishment, including cashiering, serving, and assisting with the preparation of food, as needed.
- Problem-Solving: assist in resolving customer concerns and issues, seeking guidance from experienced team members when necessary.
- Time Management: manage tasks efficiently, especially during busy periods, to provide quick and accurate service.
- Attention to Detail: pay close attention to customer orders, ensuring accuracy and customer satisfaction.
- Learning and Development: participate actively in training programmes and consistently strive to improve customer service skills and knowledge.
£192.50 per week
Monday to Friday 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
35 paid hours per week
1 hour daily breaks (unpaid)
Includes 20% paid time for training
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as "Off the Job Training"
- Communication: both verbal and written.
- Teamwork: collaborate positively with co-workers.
- Adaptability: ability to learn quickly and adapt to different situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Empathy: understanding customers’ needs and concerns.
- Problem-Solving: Be able to find solutions to customer issues, and seek assistance when needed.
- Time Management: manage time efficiently to handle multiple tasks during busy periods.
- Attention to Detail: pay close attention to customer requests and orders.
- Positive Attitude: maintaining a positive and friendly demeanour.
- Reliability: show up on time, meeting commitments, and take responsibilities seriously.
- Willingness to Learn: A strong desire to learn and grow in the role, with an eagerness to improve skills and knowledge.
- Professionalism: demonstrated through appearance, punctuality and conduct.
GCSE Level 9-4 (or Grade A-C) in English and maths, or equivalent qualifications in these subjects
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – Customer Services Practitioner Level 2 Standard will establish an Apprentice’s skills to deliver high quality service to customers both internally and externally. The Apprenticeship will incorporate knowledge of customers and the customer experience, understanding the organisation, its products/services and their role and responsibilities. Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2023, the NMW for Apprentices is £5.28 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.