Customer Care Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2250
Vacancy reference: KT&A2250
A long established and growing business providing quality furniture to clients, including Healthcare, Education and Residential sectors.
Their furniture is designed to enhance challenging environments by rethinking the way furniture is designed.
Description of Vacancy
An opportunity for a career in customer service.
You will process and manage customer orders and resolve customer queries and issues in a professional, friendly manner.
To process all area sales orders as quickly and accurately as possible. To manage the orders throughout processing, manufacture and delivery, with particular emphasis on date management and communication across departments.
All customer contact to be conducted in a friendly, helpful and enthusiastic manner, with emphasis on client relationship building and account management.
- To acknowledge receipt of new orders by email to each customer
- To enter new sales orders onto the MRP system.
- To speak to the customer on receipt of every order, to confirm order details, delivery dates, and ensure we know everything that will affect the manufacture and delivery of their order.
- To check stock levels and production times to ensure achievable customer lead times are given.
- To liaise with colleagues to ensure that all order details are correct
- To send a Sales Order Acknowledgement out to each client.
- To respond to customers and internal enquiries regarding any queries on orders, in an effective and timely manner.
- To manage all live orders, including those in Pending or On Hold, with particular emphasis on accurate dates and OTIF requirements.
- To work closely with despatch to keep planned delivery runs on track and costs to a minimum.
- To answer sales calls as required.
- To answer and place switchboard calls as necessary.
- To assist with Aftersales calls as required.
- To provide reception cover for lunch and holidays, as needed.
- To assist in other duties within the team from time to time, as necessary.
£160 per week (£4 per hour) minimum
This will be reviewed against performance
8.00 am – 4.30 pm
Monday to Friday
½ hour lunch break
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced Excel and CRM or MRP systems experience
- Customer focussed attitude, with superior telephone skills
- Willingness to take ownership and responsibility for tasks
- Administration skills
- Team player
It is vital that every staff member supports and contributes towards the Company Mission, Vision and Values.
The following qualities are included in what is expected:-
- Honesty and integrity at all times
- Loyalty to the company and confidentiality with company information
- Willingness to contribute whatever time and effort is needed, to achieve the agreed goals
- Committal to follow company systems and procedures
- Manage your own time in an effective manner, with respect for your colleagues and their schedules
- Team player – easy to work with
- Positive attitude
GCSE Grades 3-9 (A* to E) in English and Maths or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2018, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.
See the location on a map
(Location is approximate)