Business Administration Support Apprenticeship (Level 3/Advanced) – KT&A2809
Vacancy reference: KT&A2809
Thompson and Leigh is a successful wholesaler and retailer of plumbing and heating supplies. We have been in business since 1947 and currently supply some of the world’s most recognisable brands to the trade and public though our outlets in Erith and Crayford.
Please click here to see the employer’s website.
Bexleyheath Railway Station – Bus to the Broadway 7 Mins. Walk 16 mins
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
As part of the Thompson and Leigh team, you’ll be responsible for delivering efficient administration support and excellent customer service to both internal colleagues and suppliers as well as our customers. You will be supporting all aspects of administration and will be required to answer both phone enquiries and manage responses to emails. You will be responsible for managing data and producing reports.
We have busy offices and showrooms so you will be required to get involved in all aspects of administration to support the business.
Duties will include:
- Order Processing.
- Managing a diary.
- Keeping customers up to date with the status/lead time of order.
- Co-ordinating deliveries with retail and trade customers.
- Providing follow up calls for quotes and orders.
- Answering phones.
- Resolving customer complaints and Issues.
- Arranging for spare parts to be sent to customers.
- Processing refunds that have been authorised.
- Keeping office clean and tidy.
- Updating social media platforms.
- Arranging goods to be returned to suppliers.
- End of day banking.
- Ordering and putting brochures away.
- Updating Pricing.
- Potential for permanent employment for the right candidate.
- Opportunity to progress to higher level apprenticeships.
- Being an apprentice will help you develop professional skills whilst earning a salary with some of Kent’s best companies.
- Gain professional skills and experience to enhance your CV and make it more attractive to potential employers.
£4.30 per hour to start with regular reviews dependent on progress.
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm not including lunch.
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Positive attitude with a strong work ethic
- Driven and determined individual
- Well organised
- Excellent attention to detail
GCSE Grade 4 a minimum in English or Maths
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – Customer Services Practitioner Level 2 Standard will establish an Apprentice’s skills to deliver high quality service to customers both internally and externally. The apprenticeship will incorporate knowledge of customers and the customer experience, understanding the organisation, its products/services and their role and responsibilities.
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2021, the NMW for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.