Business Administration Apprentice (Level 3/Advanced) – KT&A2824
Vacancy reference: KT&A2824
ADSN Solutions Ltd is a Family run Distribution & Retail Business that was founded in August 2005 by Adrian Rose who is the Managing Director. It has grown significantly over the years and supplies contemporary/ethical product ranges to over 500 leading salons in the UK and Ireland.
Please click here to see the employer’s website.
Nearest Train Station – Maidstone East / West.
Bus Number 82 from Maidstone town centre to Parkwood, with a 10 minute walk to the office.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
An all round administration role supporting the delivery of excellent customer service and efficient office processes for the business.
An opportunity to learn and develop general office skills within a friendly team environment.
Main duties can include:
- Facilitate Effective Customer Relations internally and externally.
- Manage Diary / Route planner systems manually and electronically.
- Store, Retrieve and Achieve Information accurately and efficiently using filing processes.
- Research and Report information using sources to find information for colleagues and record appropriately.
- Organise and Support Meetings through managing set up, venue, equipment and catering. Provide relevant documents and take minutes.
- Use IT Systems to manage files, networks and deal with IT problems.
- Use IT to Exchange Information through email, use web pages and search engines.
- Use Word Process Software to produce a range of documents accurately and efficiently.
- Have an understanding of advanced work processing functions to enter, edit and format information.
- Use Spread Sheet Software to enter, edit and analyse data using tables and charts.
- Use Database Software as part of your role. Enter and update data, use multiple search criteria.
- Use Presentation Software alongside a variety of media to produce presentations for a variety of uses.
- Use Specialist or Bespoke Software to enter, edit and process information.
- Use a Telephone System professionally to make and receive calls, leave and take messages and check voice mail messages.
- Operate Office Equipment and keep it clean.
- Produce a variety of documents using different software and information sources.
- Understand distribution by managing intake and output of stock and maintain accurate stock balances through monthly audits.
£5.00 per hour
37.5 hours a week
Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm
37.5 hours a week
1 hour unpaid lunch break
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
A good understanding of Microsoft Office software would be beneficial.
- Work effectively with other people as part of a team.
- Show effective communication skills.
- Respect for colleagues and willingness to work with others to complete jobs successfully.
Maths and English GCSE Grade 9-4 (A-C)
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike; from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector. The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2021, the NMW for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.