Business Administration Apprentice (Level 2 or 3/Intermediate or Advanced) – KT&A2530
Vacancy reference: KT&A2530
Advance FM is a nationally operating facilities service and maintenance provider. Ran by industry experienced professionals utilising over 30 years’ combined experience within facilities. We offer a single point of contact for both reactive and planned works, for both commercial and domestic customers.
Our mission is to become the contractor of choice within our industry. It is our intention is to exceed customer expectations by offering high levels of professionalism, integrity and utilising fully qualified, trained professional staff.
Click here to view the employer’s website.
Based at our Head Office in Maidstone, Kent.
We are looking for an Apprentice Administrator working within a support helpdesk environment.
- Answer emails and other correspondence as required. Managing personal inbox.
- Accept and handle incoming calls, acting as a point of contact. Transferring calls to other members of staff.
- Raise new job and quote requests on operating system, SIMpro.
- Assist helpdesk team in dispatching engineers to attend to jobs and quotes.
- Assist helpdesk team in ordering parts and materials.
- Assist helpdesk team in liaising with clients to provide updates and job completion reports.
- Meet and greet visitors into the office.
- Prepare and frank outgoing post.
- Organise incoming post and pass to relevant staff members.
- Record monthly stationery stock and assist in ensuring that stationery is replenished.
- Responsible for shredding confidential paperwork.
- Maintain correct filing systems. Assisting other departments with their filling.
- Complete general office duties and providing general administrative support to the Administrators and Operations Supervisor.
- Make refreshments for office staff and guests.
- Arrange and participate in meetings with training provider, discussing ongoing Apprenticeship coursework.
- Ensure that coursework is kept up to date and completed within given deadline dates.
£164.50 per week
£4.70 per hour
35 hours per week
Monday to Friday
09.00 to 17.00
1 hour lunch break
- Professional and well presented
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Positive and ambitious attitude
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication with the ability to develop and maintain good relationships
- Polite individual with an excellent telephone manner
- Solid IT experience and confidence
- Ability to take accurate messages, follow up where necessary
- Ability to accurately input information on a database
- Flexible and willing to contribute to the success of the team
- Due to location own transport is desirable
Minimum achieved Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.