Business Administration Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2296
Vacancy reference: KT&A2296
We are a primary school building up to 2 form entry and a predicted total of 400+ children aged 4 to 11. The school has recently relocated to new premises and hosts a satellite provision of Nexus Foundation Special School. The school serves the local community of Wouldham plus surrounding areas.
Close to M20 and M2 motorways. Also close to Snodland Rail Station. On bus route Arriva 155.
To provide support for school administration. You will also be a point of contact for pupils, parents and visitors and will be responsible for directing them appropriately or helping with their query.
- Provide administrative support to the Headteacher and other staff, carrying out general office duties.
- Working under the overview of the Office Manager, ensure the office environment is a safe, welcoming, organised and efficient environment.
- Be part of a ‘first point of contact’ for pupils, parents and visitors at reception and on the telephone to deal with any problems that arise in the first instance or refer them on to ensure that problems are dealt with effectively.
- Record and pass on messages ensuring accuracy and efficiency.
- Be part of the selling and stocking of uniform and other items, carry out filing, receive and check orders, document destruction, updating notice boards etc.
- Process attendance registers and record of attendance through SIMs.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the SIMs database, inputting data, importing and exporting files and retrieving information as requested.
- Assist in the provision of basic first aid and other emergency actions.
- Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school.
£136.50 per week
(£3.90 per hour)
Mon to Fri Term Time only
8.30 to 16.30 with 1 hour break
35 hours per week
Confidence with computers and Microsoft Office.
Good communication skills.
Clear, well presented handwriting.
Strong maths ability – especially confidence with money.
Punctuality and time keeping
Empathy and understanding of others
An ability to remain calm in difficult circumstances.
GCSE equivalent grade ‘C’ or above in English and Maths
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2018, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.