Business Administration Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2218
Vacancy reference: KT&A2218
Choices are a domestic abuse service provider operating in the North and West Kent and Medway areas, we offer a range of supports to all victims of domestic abuse.
Description of Vacancy
This is a varied administrative role working between two offices (Maidstone & Gravesend). You will be required to carry out administrative duties including making and receiving phone calls and emails, managing employee records, data entry, filing and retrieval.
- You will support and assist managers and office staff as and when required in all aspects of administration.
- Answer the phones in a professional manner.
- Pass messages in a timely manner.
- Updating of rental records
- Updating of timesheets
- Updating of database system
- Input to evaluation spreadsheets
- Support Management and staff
- General administration and office support
- Apprenticeships offered will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service (formerly Criminal Records Bureau)
Work will be across 2 sites in Gravesend and Maidstone. Your base will be allocated as the nearest site to your home address. Travel is paid at £0.40p per mile in excess of journey distance between home and base .
£4.50/ph to be paid monthly
£157.50 per week.
30 minutes unpaid lunch
- Computer Literate
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office desirable
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team or on own initiative
- Able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Able to learn and use new skills as required
- Prompt and reliable
- Friendly and approachable
- Good attention to detail
Grade A – C GCSE in English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2018, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.
See the location on a map
(Location is approximate)