Apprentice Customer Service Assistant (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2357
Vacancy reference: KT&A2357
Unipac Shipping UK is an international freight forwarding company, established since 1993. We are a customer focused organisation that provides excellent service to our worldwide clients. Unipac Shipping handles air, sea and road freight import and exports; courier service and customs clearance.
Click here to view the employer’s website.
Opportunity to train as an International Transport Coordinator to work in the Operations department of a worldwide Freight Forwarding company. The role will be working as part of a customer service team to service our worldwide clients, quoting and arranging their international shipments. As well as customer contact, this involves working with transport suppliers, overseas partners and HM Customs.
The ideal candidate is an individual who has good customer service skills, is detail oriented, organised, can think on their feet when working in a fast paced work environment and have strong problem solving skills. They should work well in a team, being willing to work in other roles to assist team members – strong customer service skills are essential.
Relevant experience is valuable, but not essential as full training will be provided. Ability and desire to succeed are important.
Tasks to include:
- Arranging international shipments
- Providing a good customer service experience for all clients
- Investigating and planning the most appropriate route for a shipment
- Arranging appropriate packing, taking into account the climate, terrain, weight, cost and nature of goods
- Negotiating transportation and handling costs
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements
- Arranging insurance and assisting the client in the event of a claim
- Dealing with special arrangements for transporting delicate cargoes, such as livestock, food and medical supplies
- Arranging courier and specialist hand-carry services
£3.90 hour depending on experience
9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
- Computer literate
- Ability to work as a team and using own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Good telephone manner
- Strong customer service skills
- A willingness to learn & develop
- Well organised
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to drive would be an advantage due to location (although not essential)
A*-C Maths and English (or equivalent)
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – consisting of the NVQ Business Administration, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.