Apprentice Dental Administrator and Receptionist (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2451
Vacancy reference: KT&A2451
We are a small dental practice offering a wide range of dental services to a wide range of patients.
As a practice, we aim to make dental care a little less daunting.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
This is a new role within our company. It has been developed to support the dentist and Acting compliance manager with meeting the important administrative needs of the business. The role will require you to help manage the patient diary and assist with the day to day running of the practice.
- To assist with the keeping of the patient appointment diary
- To be able to communicate effectively with incoming calls and visitors to the practice
- To assist with organising and maintaining filing systems and electronic information to ensure a smooth running of the business
Wages are paid on the last day of each month
- Tuesday 1pm – 7pm (6hrs with a 15 min paid break)
- Wednesday and Thursday 8:30am- 5pm (7.5 hrs with 1 hour unpaid lunch break)
- Friday 8:30am – 1pm (4.5hrs with 15 mins paid break)
- Alternate Mondays and Saturdays 8:30-1pm (4.5hrs with 15 min paid break)
Basic IT skills
Good interpersonal Skills
Able to work as a team
- Able to work with frequent interruptions
- Able to show compassion and empathy to anxious patients
GCSE (or equivalent) Grade A-C/4-9 is desired in English and Maths. It is mandatory that you have at least one GCSE Grade A-C/4-9 in English or Maths. If you do not have both English and Maths, you may still be eligible if you have an ICT GCSE (or equivalent) Grade A-E/2-9.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.