Apprentice Customer Service & Production Assistant (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2741
Vacancy reference: KT&A2741
Print Junction is a full-service print and graphic design company based in the heart of Ashford. With great customer service always at the forefront of everything it does, the company can help with all your business printing needs and also wedding stationery, party invitations, signage, CD & DVD printing and T-shirt printing/embroidery.
Please click here to see the employer’s website.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
This is a full-time position based at our Ashford premises in the print production and finishing department.
Based in our print production and finishing department:
- training and operation of all equipment including digital press, guillotine, creasing & folding machine, paper drill, vinyl plotter, vinyl printer, embroidery machine and vinyl heat press
- working as part of a small and friendly team producing printed products and workwear to excellent standards
- Communication with team members through specialist industry software products
- Face to face with internal customers on a continual basis
- Diary Management
- Speaking to customers and suppliers on a daily basis
- Providing a professional customer experience
- Sending emails to customers to inform when products are ready and arranging delivery
Monday 7am – 5pm
Tuesday – Friday 8am – 5pm
45 min lunch break (unpaid)
- Good basic Maths / English & IT skills
- Ability to work well in a small team
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills both written and spoken
- A genuine interest in print, graphics and customer service.
- A good attitude to work and a sense of humour
A* – C Maths and English
A* – D IT or equivalent
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards
As of 1st April 2020, the NMW for Apprentices is £4.15 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.