Customer Service Advisor Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2781
Vacancy reference: KT&A2781
To provide a professional, efficient and streamlined telephony service to customers of Kent County Council, for specified services within the Authority’s operations. Full training including level 2 Customer Services Practitioner Apprenticeship will be provided.
Please click here to see the employer’s website.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
To answer and respond to customer calls into the Contact Centre. Handle calls for specific services providing information and advice where appropriate, with the aim of ideally resolving customer enquiries at the first point of contact. Re-route calls to an appropriate officer when unable to assist the customer. Maintain call quality standards through the effective use of verbal communication when responding to each call, including following the Authority’s complaints procedure when appropriate, to ensure that callers are always provided with a high quality and efficient service. At the end of each appropriate call, offer the Govmetrics customer satisfaction survey.
- Answer and respond to customer calls into the Contact Centre, to provide a service for a specified area of the Authority’s operations, giving information and advice as trained.
- Handle calls for specific services providing information and advice where appropriate with the aim of ideally resolving customer enquiries at the first point of contact.
- Interpret queries/problems that are generated by calls from customers in order to generate solutions to meet the caller’s needs.
- Re-route calls to an appropriate officer when unable to assist the customer, so that they obtain an appropriate response to their enquiry.
- At the end of each appropriate call, offer the Govmetrics customer satisfaction survey.Maintain call quality standards through the effective use of verbal communication when responding to each call, including following the Authority’s complaints procedure when appropriate, to ensure that callers are always provided with a high quality and efficient service.
- At the end of each appropriate call, offer the Govmetrics customer satisfaction survey.
£4.30 per hour
£159.10 per week
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
37 hour week
Two paid 15-minute breaks
Unpaid 36-minute lunch
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- Ability to handle a wide range of enquiries in a contact centre environment.
- Computer literate and able to operate telephone equipment effectively.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal with a polite, efficient and courteous manner.
- Able to deal sympathetically with distressed, agitated, confused, irate customers or those with special needs.
- Ability to learn and deliver new services
- Some knowledge of how local authorities or other large organisations operate.
- Personal self-confidence to provide a customer-focused front-line enquiry service via the telephone
- Possess a friendly and helpful disposition.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
GCSE Grade 4 to 9 (or Grade C or higher) in English and Maths or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards
As of 1st April 2021, the NMW for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.