Apprentice Business Administrator (Level 3/Advanced) – KT&A2891
Vacancy reference: KT&A2891
We are an outstanding school located on an historical site, with facilities that enable us to provide high quality learning and teaching for our students. Some of our buildings date back to the Crimea War, but equally we also have a brand new state of the art Science building. We are a proud member of a small but beautifully formed Multi Academy Trust of five schools, Fort Pitt being a joint lead school.
Our aim is a simple one; to be the best school in the country, and by that we mean that all of our students receive a better education here than they would if they went to any other school in the whole country. Fort Pitt is a vibrant and dynamic school with high expectations and great ambitions for all of our students.
Click here to see the employer’s website.
Chatham Railway Station- 6 min walk
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
We are seeking to appoint a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to become an integral member of our support team. The role is varied and interesting and the successful applicant will be mentored and developed to provide a first-class service to support our Heads of Departments, teachers and students. You will be undertaking your Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business Administration with KTA as your training provider.
To work independently and as part of a team to help develop, implement, maintain and improve the school’s business services, whilst promoting a safer working environment and a culture that values everyone in the organization, alongside undertaking the Level 3 Business Administrator Qualification.
The role will be varied and include-
- Cover of the reception desk duties when required.
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Leadership Teams, Head of Departments and Head of Years, including electronic mailings to external stakeholders.
- Manage, develop and improve the administration of School Trips, liaising with staff and external stakeholders to ensure the safety of all students and staff involved. Ensure all administrative tasks relevant to the Trip Risk Assessment are adhered to.
- Upload payment items to relevant student ParentPay accounts, maintain ParentPay lists and develop processes to ensure payments are made.
- Minute the weekly team briefing
- Maintain Outlook School Calendar, in liaison with other key personnel.
- Undertake training to become the school’s Duke of Edinburgh Awards Verifier.
- Assist with school events as requested; some of which may be out of hours (e.g. Results Day, Open Evenings, Parents Evenings).
- Be a first aider, attending to sick students/ members of staff/ contractors and liaising with parents.
- Assist the Headteacher’s PA and Trust Offices in the collection and collation of confidential HR information.
- Produce annual Safeguarding training certificates for all staff
- Update and arrange printing of Annual School Planners
- Follow Trust policies and processes for the collection and banking of cash.
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the Administration team and assist in the delivery of ad hoc tasks.
As the apprenticeship progresses, there is an expectation that the individual will be able to use their own initiative to manage and prioritise tasks, applying problem solving and decision-making skills to develop the role towards the management and implementation of tasks.
£9,280 per annum (for the first 12 months rising to minimum wage for remainder of the apprenticeship. Subject to satisfactory achievement of apprenticeship coursework.
Full-time – 37 hours per week all year round
Half hour lunch unpaid
Initial contract terms 27months
You will receive 20% off the job training/study time and all exam fees and associated travel costs will be funded by the Trust.
- Ability to provide support and challenge to ensure our students are at the core of all that we do
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A confident telephone manner
- Problem-solving skills
- The ability to work with children
- Familiarity with computers and software programmes
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Willing to embrace our supportive & warm ethos and culture
- Be a team player
- Good sense of humour!
- The ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Good literacy skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Good organisational skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Willingness to use own initiative
GCSE Grade 9 – 4 (or A – C) in English and Maths. Or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – Teaching Assistants work in Primary, Special and Secondary education across all age ranges encompassing special educational needs and emotional vulnerabilities. The primary role of the Teaching Assistant is to support the class teacher to enhance pupils’ learning either in groups or individually, ensuring pupils understand the work set, know their learning objectives and stay on task in order to make progress.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2022, the NMW for Apprentices is £4.81 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.