Apprentice Block Management Assistant (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2720
Vacancy reference: KT&A2720
William Property Management Ltd is an independent property agent specialising in block management and lettings with very competitive fees. We have a high-street office in Faversham, Kent.
Please click here to see the employer’s website.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
Training role potentially leading to permanent position as Assistant Block Manager. This apprenticeship will provide challenging work for an organised and attentive people person. The job offers great variety and will involve all aspects of block management, from meeting contractors, arranging repairs, liaising with accounts and clients, site visits, attending AGMs, dealing with phone and email enquiries.
- Liaising with contractors and arranging works
- Site visits and inspections to identify and assess work
- Preparing and agreeing budgets jointly with accounts
- Proactively and promptly dealing with and responding to client queries via phone and email
- Welcoming visitors to the office and dealing with any block related queries they may have
- Preparing for and attending AGMs, taking minutes and delivering reports to lessees
- Preparing for and attending Directors meetings and reporting to and communicating with clients, including leaseholders, tenants and freeholders
- Learning and understanding relevant legislation affecting the role
- Maintaining and updating company databases and software with client and property records
- Use of specialist software systems to carry out duties
- Preparing and sending of Section 20 Notices and other documents and notices relevant to the role
- Completing and responding to enquiries for property sales included within management
- Organising and updating company and personal calendar with meetings and tasks
- Maintain an accurate record of the allocation and movement of property keys
- Recording and providing meter readings as necessary
- Open the post and deal with any relevant voicemail messages
- Assisting senior property managers in day-to-day role and learning all skills to effectively complete the above
- Carry out any such ad-hoc duties as may be reasonably required from time to time and in connection with the above
- Provide full office support including answering the telephone, typing, data entry, photocopying, scanning, filing, printing, posting
£180 per week
36.25 working hours per week:
9am-5pm, 5 days a week, Monday – Saturday (to include every second Saturday)
Includes a 45 minute lunch break
Flexibility available for the right person
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good business writing skills; grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in customer service
- Excellent time management and punctuality
- Attention to detail
- Excellent approach to customer service
- Honest, open and reliable
- Friendly and respectful of others
- Hard working with high standards and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Willingness to listen and learn new skills and open minded about new challenges
- Punctual and well presented
- Able to work independently
GCSE (or equivalent) Grade A-C/4-9 is required in English and Maths.
If you would like to apply for a vacancy and you’re waiting to receive your confirmed grades, please use your predicted grades in the application process.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards
As of 1st April 2020, the NMW for Apprentices is £4.15 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.