Apprentice Administrator (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2682
Vacancy reference: KT&A2682
Footprints Nursery is a fun and stimulating environment for children with a warm and friendly atmosphere. We place a high emphasis on learning through play and follow the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum.
We are a part of Ashford Play Centre Ltd and share our premises with our sister company Imagine Soft Play Arena. We have distinct and individual rooms for all ages and activities, including a large garden of approximately 1 acre.
We encourage our children to be self-confident and independent. We develop social skills and promote sharing, taking turns and being generally thoughtful and caring towards others. We are active members of the national project, Every Child A Talker (ECAT), promoting early speech, language and communication.
Children can start with us from as young as 3 months and stay with us until they are ready for primary school.
Please click here to see the employer’s website.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
After completing your apprenticeship and a further long period of extensive on the job training you should be capable of carrying out the following tasks in your full time role as Nursery Administrator.
- Responsible for administrative tasks to ensure all childcare services are effectively delivered, monitored, reported and evaluated
- Liaise with the Finance and Accounting Team to provide effective and accurate information, whilst ensuring financial processes and controls are followed
- Maintain an accurate and current waiting list for nursery places ensuring that accurate information is recorded in the database
- Update records for all children attending the nursery and undertake regular contact reviews as required, to ensure key information is current and accessible to relevant staff and in emergencies
- Assist with bookings and dealing with enquiries for the Holiday Play Scheme and Crèche sessions
- Maintain an efficient filing system and ensure secure and appropriate storage of all confidential and sensitive data
- Order stationery and general office, food and cleaning supplies for the centre, to ensure stocks are held and are purchased within budgetary limits
- Provide general meeting support, including arranging meetings, putting together and distributing agendas and collating papers
- Ensure parent notice boards are kept up to date, distribution of the parent handbooks, production of a monthly newsletter for parents/carers and website updates in liaison with the Marketing team.
£4.25 per hour
Guaranteed Minimum 30 hours per week
Times to be arranged
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Punctuality and good attendance
- Good sense of humour
- A sense of pride
- Cheerful and outgoing nature
GCSE (or equivalent) Grade A-C/4-9 is required in English or Maths, with a minimum of Grade E/2 in the other subject if you also have completed a GCSE (or equivalent) Grade A-E/2-9 in ICT.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.