Advanced Trainee Nursery Assistant Apprentice (Level 3/Advanced) – KT&A2867
Vacancy reference: KT&A2867
Our Nursery is a happy place where all children learn to respect one another, work and play together co-operatively and enjoy learning through play.
We provide a broad, balanced and interesting curriculum that is differentiated to meet the needs of all children which enables children to develop their full potential.
The nursery operates term time only between the hours 8am-4pm.
Please click here to see the employer’s website.
Bus 306 from Garrick Street (Stop C) 18 min
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
Your role will be to support the management, be involved in planning and implementing of a flexible, high quality service, which is appropriate to the needs of children and families in the nursery and the wider community. You will support the implementation of suitable programmes of learning opportunities which meet the needs of the individual child in line with Local and National Guidance. You will be part of the senior team providing day to day care and activities for the children. You will assist the team in setting up the nursery and ensure the children are kept safe at all times.
The role of the Early Years Assistant involves working as part of the pre-school team to provide safe, high quality education and care for young children to help prepare them for Primary School.
- Support the management team to facilitate the smooth running of the nursery.
- Accountable for all administration tasks required including record keeping, including staff and child records, data logs, ordering and purchasing
- Administering first aid when necessary and being responsible for ensuring all records of accidents and incidents are correctly logged, stored and monitored.
- Plan prepare and supervise activities suitable for the age range and individual needs of the children.
- Contribute to a high standard of quality within the nursery.
- Ensure appropriate planning and assessment is accurately maintained for key children.
- Supervise and support children at all times.
- Ensure that all children are kept safe.
- Undertake a shared responsibility for cleanliness and health and safety throughout the nursery.
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times with children, parents, colleagues and visitors.
- Liaise with parents / carers and staff members.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues and visitors.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained.
- Attend monthly staff meetings, planning meetings and undertake training as required.
- Attend training sessions outside normal working hours.
Starting at £135.00 per week.
£4.81 per hour to be increased on management discretion if candidate prove to be committed, punctual and reliable.
Working days are Monday to Thursday, 32 hours a week, 30 minutes unpaid break over 4 days making 30 hours paid work.
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
A willingness to learn and develop
Demonstrate a passion for providing children with positive experiences
Ability to appropriately promote the positive behaviour of children where necessary
A can-do attitude and a real focus on customer service
Flexibility to meet the needs of the business
Experience in working with children
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work with a variety of age groups
Current level 2 childcare qualification or similar.
Desire to deliver an excellent childcare
Energetic and enthusiastic
Minimum achieved Grade 4/5 or equivalent in English and Maths
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – This occupation is found in a range of private and public settings including; full day care, children’s centres, pre-schools, reception classes, playgroups, nursery schools, home based provision, hospitals, social care settings, out of school environments and local authority provision to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2022, the NMW for Apprentices is £4.81 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.