Administration Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2258
Vacancy reference: KT&A2258
Swanscombe Health Centre is a GP practice, offering various primary care services, offering a high standard of patient care.
Description of Vacancy
The position requires a good organiser who is interested in all aspects of administration to assist in various areas of the practice.
We are looking for someone to provide general administration support in various areas of the practice. There will be general office duties and the candidate will be offering support to our team, carrying out administration related to patient service.
- Greeting and speaking to patients
- Answer telephone enquiries
- Maintaining patient records
- Data Input.
- Arranging patient appointments.
- Assisting in patient enquiries
- Assist in general office administration
- Assist with documentation
- Maintenance of management information systems
- Managing the clinical diaries
£3.70 per hour
37.5 – 40 hours
- Basic computer and IT,
- Good maths and English
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to work well on their own
- Ability to work in an organised and structured way
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
- Able to use own judgement
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Pleasant and articulate
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility of working hours
- Residential rights in the UK
- Smartly and appropriately dressed
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the NVQ Level 2 in Business Admin…Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2018, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.
See the location on a map
(Location is approximate)