Administration and Recruitment Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2594
Vacancy reference: KT&A2594
CRA Group is a recruitment and headhunting agency that works closely with local councils and central government on the Crown Commercial Services contract, we also work with IT Engineering and Gaming company across the UK and Ireland.
Click here to see the employer’s website.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
As an Apprentice Office Support and trainee Consultant, you will be responsible for supporting or team in all aspects of running a busy recruitment office. You will be managing data and paper flow for candidates and matching them to temporary or permanent positions with client companies. You will work with client companies, candidates and the rest of the team to build relationships in order to gain a better understanding of recruitment needs and requirements.
You will provide a vital link between staff, clients and candidates. The role is demanding and diverse and involves:
- Developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do and their work culture and environment.
- Preparing CV’s and correspondence to forward to clients in respect of suitable applicants.
- Advertising vacancies by drafting positions, identify suitable candidates and build relationships with those candidates and employers.
- Using candidate databases to match the right person to the client’s vacancy
- Receiving and reviewing applications, booking interviews and tests and creating a database for shortlisting of candidates.
- Requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client
- Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job
- Supporting business development, assisting with marketing techniques and arranging networking
- Visiting clients
- Organising interviews for candidates as requested by clients .
- Informing candidates about the result of the interviews.
- Advising pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidate
- Researching pay in order to offer advice to both clients and candidates on rates.
- Researching training and career progression opportunities.
- Working towards and exceeding targets that may related to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated.
Starting at £3/90 per hour
9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Monday to Friday
- Ability to converse at all levels
- Good communication skills
- Good written English
- Planning skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of CRM an advantage
- Networking ability
- Good interpersonal skills
- Well spoken
GCSE Grade 4 or above and ICT
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.