Admin Assistant/Receptionist (Level 2/Intermediate) – KT&A2487
Vacancy reference: KT&A2487
We specialise in providing outstanding and personalised accountancy, taxation and other business services to individuals and businesses in the South East of England.
Click here to see the employer’s website.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
Come and be the face of ATN, we need a customer focused individual to run our reception. You need to welcome visitors and clients to the office; route telephone calls to colleagues; manage filing and online databases; keeping visitors/client areas clean and tidy, provide clerical support to a small team of financial advisors and generally office support.
Main duties for this role include:
- Welcome visitors to the office; ensure they sign in on arrival and sign out upon leaving; assist them in making appointments; ensure their comfort and direct them to the right staff or service.
- Maintain a calendar of staff location and appointments as needed.
- Answer the telephone; screens calls; direct calls and /or records and forwards messages accurately; may transcribe messages from telephone answering machine.
- Receive, open, sort and distribute mail within the office. Following correct franking procedures for outgoing post. File correspondence and other materials as required.
- Type forms letters and other documents as required at acceptable levels of speed and accuracy; collate and photocopy materials as necessary.
- Maintain supplies of stationery as needed.
- Maintain necessary files; sort, archive, file and retrieve documents and records as necessary.
- Keeping visitors’ area clean and tidy
Maintain client confidentiality in accordance with firm’s policy.
£146.25 (£3.90 per hour)
Monday – Friday
7.5 hours per day
- Interest and enthusiasm for administration
- Good Maths and English skills
- Basic computer skills
- Able to plan own workload and create systems
- Ability to work well on their own
- Good telephone manner, polite and professional
- Logical person
- Team worker
- Able to relate to staff at all levels
- Ability to work in an organised and structured way
Minimum of Level 1 in Maths and English
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.