New Qualification: Team Leader Apprenticeship
Kent Training & Apprenticeships are pleased to announce the launch of a brand new qualification just in time for the 2017/18 academic year. Known as a “Team Leader Apprenticeship”, the Apprenticeship is designed to train the next generation of managers with learners gaining a Level 3 Chartered Institute of Management qualification at no extra cost.
About this standard
This Level 3 Standard will establish the skills required to deliver in a first line management role with operational, project or team responsibilities. The key responsibilities are likely to include
supporting, managing and developing team members, projects, planning and monitoring workloads and resources, delivering operational plans and resolving problems.
This Apprenticeship will help develop knowledge in:
- Interpersonal skills – understanding different leadership styles, people and team management models and motivation techniques.
- HR systems, legal requirements and performance management.
- Building relationships – emotional intelligence and managing conflict.
- Understanding different forms of communication – chairing meetings, holding challenging conversations and providing constructive feedback.
- Organisational performance – implementation, strategy, team planning and understanding data management.
- Project management.
- Finance – organisational governance and compliance, delivering value for money and monitoring budgets.
Candidates are required to achieve Level 2 English and Maths (or the equivalent) prior to the end point assessment.
On completion of this qualification, the candidate may choose to study further qualifications specific to their work role progress.
For further information, please click here to download the Skill Sheet.