Work Ready Extra gives you the opportunity to gain new skills and qualifications at Levels 1 and 2. The qualifications we offer are all nationally accredited by awarding bodies such as City & Guilds and are 100% recognised by employers so will help you get the job you want.
During the programme, as well as undertaking the qualifications, you will learn about the world of work, take a work placement in your career sector and learn how to get the job that’s right for you. Whatever you want to be, you will need customer service skills – the skills that will help you work well with others and meet the needs of your customers.
While on your work placement and learning the practical parts of your qualification, we ask employers to give you the chance to see all aspects of their business. Whether you’re in a plumber’s merchants, a hairdressing salon, a shop or an office, we want you to really get to know what’s involved in the career sector of your choice.
Qualification Units (Levels 1 or 2)
Some examples of things you will learn:
- How to do your job in a customer-friendly way
- How to give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- How to live up to the customer service promise
- How to communicate effectively with customers
- Using email
- Preparing for a recruitment interview
- Understanding employer expectations
- Working in a team
Functional skills or GCSE: