‘Equality of access, opportunity and achievement for all’
Community Learning and Skills (CLS) are committed to promoting equality, valuing diversity, combating unfair treatment and providing safe learning environments in which all learners are welcome. The principles of tolerance, understanding and respect for others are at the centre of this vision.
Our vision of equality is one where we:
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect, regardless of individual differences in age, gender identity, race, background, disability, sex or sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief as set out in the Equality Act 2010 and identified as protected characteristics.
- Create a range of opportunities that enable as many people as possible to access our services, participate fully and achieve their goals.
- Provide safe and inclusive places to learn and work.
- Actively promote positive attitudes and good relations between people of different groups.
- Recognise we all have a role to play in challenging discrimination, prejudice and unfair behaviour, whatever their origins.
- Work together to promote equality, diversity and inclusion.
In Community Learning and Skills we are fully committed to KCC policy aims and objectives for Equality and Diversity. We contribute to these objectives by the way we work together and in the services we offer to our customers, helping to make Kent a great county in which to live and work.
You can also download our Equality and Diversity Statement.