As an employer you are required by law to safeguard and promote the well being of an individual who is a child under the age of 18 years or a vulnerable adult (over 18 years) with a learning disability or special learning need. Some learners will fall into these categories.
KT&A is committed to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of students and staff. Learners are entitled to learn in an environment which is both physically safe and free of abuse as set out in our Student Charter. Abuse may be physical, sexual, psychological/emotional, financial or material, neglect or discriminatory.
We are committed to ensuring that learners are aware of their rights and responsibilities in creating a safe learning environment and that KT&A’s staff are appropriately supported to provide this.
We will issue our Safer Learning flyer to all learners and we will also give all learners KT&A’s Designated Safeguarding Officers (DSO) contact name and number.
Information sharing is vital to safeguarding and the well being of children and vulnerable adults and any concerns should be passed immediately to a KT&A representative (assessor/tutor) or you can speak direct to KT&A’s Designated Safeguarding Officer – details as above.
We will work with you to:
- Ensure that learners use safe working practices when learning and at work
- Ensure that all learners, in particular young people and vulnerable adults feel safe
- Make sure learners are aware of their own duties and responsibilities in creating a safe environment for all and demonstrate this in their behaviour and attitudes
- Ensure that young people and vulnerable adults are safeguarded and protected
- Ensure young people and vulnerable adults know who to report suspected harm to
For more information, please read our Safeguarding and Prevent – A quick guide for Employers document.